Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that you can “just run”. We take an opinionated view of the Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get started with minimum fuss. Most Spring Boot applications need very little Spring configuration.
First, it’s opinionated
Spring Boot has opinions. This is just another way of saying that Spring Boot has reasonable defaults so you can build an application quickly using these commonly used values.
As an example, Tomcat is a very popular web container. By default, a Spring Boot web application uses an embedded Tomcat container.
Second, it’s customizable
An opinionated framework isn’t much good if you can’t change its mind. You can easily customize a Spring Boot application to your liking, either in the initial configuration or later in the development cycle.
For example, if you prefer Maven, then you can easily make <dependency> change(s) in your POM file to replace the Spring Boot default value
- Create stand-alone Spring applications
- Embed Tomcat, Jetty or Undertow directly (no need to deploy WAR files)
- Provide opinionated ‘starter’ POMs to simplify your Maven configuration
- Automatically configure Spring whenever possible
- Provide production-ready features such as metrics, health checks and externalized configuration
- Absolutely no code generation and no requirement for XML configuration
Fresher/Entry Level Software Engineers, looking to start with a solid Back-end Engineer experience foundation with an Internet Startup (Location: Bangalore) or as a Full Stack Developer, do reach Aak to explore opportunities (part-time, full time), by dropping a comment with your email (your email id won’t be published). Thank you!