Sellers need solutions for improving Open/Read rate and other Social Signals, Behavior Insights from the most ROI effective and fundamental channel!
– 81% of US online shoppers are more likely to make additional purchases, as a result of emails based on previous shopping behaviors and preferences. – Harris Interactive.
– 72% of consumers say that email is their favored conduit of communication with companies they do business with. 61% say they like to receive promotional emails weekly and 28% want them even more frequently – Marketing Sherpa (2015).
– 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a direct result of an email marketing message – Direct Marketing Association (2013).
– One in five (19%) of consumers said they read every email newsletter they receive just to see if something’s on offer. [Forrester Research “North american technographics survey” (2014)]
In 2014 consumers delete less promo emails without looking, down 25,4% relative to 2010. – Forrester Research “North american technographics survey” (2014)
– 80% of content marketers use email marketing – CMI “B2B Content Marketing Research” (2014)
– 55% of companies generate more than 10 percent of sales from email – Econsultancy “Email marketing census” (2014)
– Marketers consistently ranked email as the single-most-effective tactic for awareness, acquisition, conversion, and retention. – Gigaom Research
– Email is almost 40x better at acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter – McKinsey & Company (2014)
– 42% of businesses say email is one of their most effective lead generation channels. And for B2B marketers, 88% say email is the most effective lead generation tactic – Circle Research (2012)
– DMA research puts the ROI of email marketing in 2014 at US$24,93, almost double that of search advertising and better than any other direct marketing channel – DMA UK “National client email survey 2014”.
– Email Marketing is the biggest marketing channel on Black Friday, driving 25.1% of orders. Email marketing was the biggest in sales on Black Friday. While sometimes behind online search (free and paid), on Black Friday email marketing was the primary channel – Custora E-Commerce Pulse (2015).
– 88% of marketeers say email marketing is bringing them a positive ROI. – ExactTarget “2014 State of Marketing”
2014 Harris survey:
In the survey, 44% of Americans who open and read promotional emails from retailers report that they receive five or more emails per week from their favorite retailers, with 21% reporting they receive 9 or more weekly.
The important finding in our recent survey is that roughly the same number of shoppers who say between five and eight emails weekly is the maximum they find acceptable say they do not have a maximum or are unsure of how many are acceptable. We continue to see proven what shoppers in our 2014 Harris survey reported – subscribers’ willingness to receive more emails corresponds directly to how relevant and personalized the emails are.”
The Email space may be ripe for a re-imagination (science & art) and newer innovations around it – both from receiver & sender standpoints, no?